Nov 2020 - Jun 2023 (2 years 7 months)
Product-focused technical lead supporting user signup applications.
- Contribute to, make proposals for, and implement software solutions for any aspect of Papa's technical infrastructure
- Mentor other engineers across the stack
- Conduct technical rounds of interviews for backend and fullstack engineers of all levels
- Performed interim (~3 months) management duties for a team of 7 engineers
- Replaced a Fountain.io client integration with a greenfield signup application using React and GraphQL via Absinthe on the existing Elixir monolith
- Worked with Product team to reduce signup and activation CAC by 29% QoQ via signup application improvement driven my Mixpanel conversion data
- Processed over 95,000 background checks via client integration to a SaaS provider
- Improved the efficiency of CustomerIO campaigns by 60% by building a highly scalable ETL process for customer data management using Oban Workflow.
- Redesigned the company's Twilio client interface for improved customer communication and error handling
- Created a React shared library npm package (Storybook-based) to leverage MUI for consistent design, set CI-driven standards for a11y and integrate i18n
- Built a system to maintain an automatically curated list of Twilio-leased phone numbers to cover a dynamic list of area codes
- Production support and implementation of metrics/observability via Datadog, Datadog RUM, Segment
- Built two proof of concept identity verification SaaS integrations (Stripe Identity, etc.) and integrated the chosen one into production