Infrastructure developer, consultant & training leader for internal and client infrastructures.
– Operated a fleet of 800+ Puppet-operated servers (including servers for EPFL and Swisstopo);
– Architectured and deployed a secured MCollective cluster using RabbitMQ and SSL;
– Planned and executed migrations between major Puppet versions (0.25 to 2.7, 2.7 to 3.5, 3.8 and 4);
– Wrote and contributed to 100+ Puppet modules (mostly public), including plugins (facts, functions, types & providers, indirectors), with unit and acceptance tests;
– Managed servers hosted on Amazon Web Services (with Cloud Formation and Terraform), CloudStack and OpenStack (with Terraform);
– Packaged software for RedHat and Debian platforms. Operated and improved the package build systems and package repositories;
– Set up and managed a Docker Orchestration platform based on Rancher;
– Wrote Go software for Docker (conplicity, upkick) and Terraform (Rancher provider, terraboard).
– Initiated strategic partnerships with software editors (Puppet Labs, Red Hat, Rancher Labs);
– Taught official Puppet Labs curriculum (Puppet Fundamentals, Advanced Puppet, Extending Puppet with Ruby);
– Wrote and taught Augeas curriculum (Augeas Fundamentals);
– Wrote and taught Docker/Rancher curriculum;
– Taught teams from major universities/labs (CERN, EPFL, ETHZ, Unibe, CNRS), private banks/Fintech (in France, Switzerland, and Luxembourg), governmental IT teams and private companies (Software Development, Luxury, Health...).
– Performed Puppet/Docker/Devops consulting for private banks, governmental IT teams and private companies.